Workshop: Tame your inner critic & write better
As Sylvia Plath famously said, "The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."
Has this enemy ever waged war on your mind and stopped you from writing?
Have you experienced writer’s block and later realised it was due to a crisis of confidence?
As writers and as individuals, there will be times when self-doubt creeps into our minds like a filthy vagrant, poisoning our thoughts and spirits as he squats there.
Self-doubt can stop us in our tracks. We freeze in mid-write and our manuscripts never get finished. But we don’t need to let self-doubt paralyse us and keep us from pursuing our writing goals and from fulfilling our dreams.
This workshop will equip you with the framework to use self-doubt as a tool to actually make you a better writer. Say what? Yes, really.
Discover how you can manage and master the beautiful monster that is self-doubt to help you raise your writing game.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes:
- Understand self-doubt: What is it? What causes it? What impact does it have on you personally, and as a writer?
- Understand the world of a writer and its implication and impact on a writer’s self-confidence.
- Understand and reconnect with the why behind why you write and what you write. What drives you? What motivates you? What compels you to write?
- Manage and navigate self-doubt so that it works for you: Harness both the positive and the negative aspects of self-doubt to help you become a better writer.
- Gain confidence in showcasing your writing and promoting yourself as a writer.
- BONUS: Sign up by 27 June and receive a FREE Trial Pass* to Trehaus, a unique co-working space with child-friendly facilities. The pass includes full-day access and up to 4 hours drop-off services for one child. *Terms and conditions apply.
About the Trainer:
Kitty Downer is a speaker, trainer and author who designs and delivers life enhancement programmes for professionals. Her successful corporate career spans 10 years training and developing professionals in Fortune 500 companies across Hong Kong, where she’s originally from, Dubai, and Singapore.
Absolutely passionate about personal growth, Kitty set up her own consulting business this year, to fulfill her life’s mission of empowering people to make the personal and professional breakthroughs they desire.
With her astute insights, strong ability to empathise and rich life experiences, Kitty is an immensely inspiring individual who acts as a catalyst for change by getting people clear on what they really want out of life, and then powerfully galvanising them into action.
Her upcoming book, “Decode Your Mind: How to radically challenge your thoughts to be clear of who you are and what you want” will be published by the end of the year.
- Title was changed to "Workshop: Tame your inner critic & write better ". Orig#175622 2016-06-25 03:47:31